The prolonged hours of working and bad posture leads to a lot of body pain. If your job consists of sitting at one place for a long period of time, then you are sure to suffer from neck pain sometime or the other. Neck pains are extremely discomforting and if not treated on time then it can lead to serious injuries to your body. If the pain persists for some days or keeps recurring then it is better to consult a doctor.
However, if the neck pain is caused due to your working schedule then you can try exercising. Stiff necks can be treated well with the help of yoga exercises. Yoga can strengthen your muscles and increase flexibility in the neck. There are several yoga exercises that you can indulge in for treating neck pains.
One of the easiest exercises is a simple neck movement exercise. By rotating your neck gently in various directions, you are relaxing the muscles and reducing the pain. It is the basic exercise to get rid of neck pains. There are several variations for this asana. You need to begin by sitting on the yoga mat with your back straight and palm placed on your knees.
- Variation 1: In this variation, you need to gently move your neck to the right, then front, and then to the left. Ensure that you do not move your shoulder. Breathe in while moving to left and right, and breathe out while moving to the front.
- Variation 2: You need to move your neck up and down. Breathe in while moving up and breathe out while moving down.
- Variation 3: Move your head in a circular motion. Breathe in while moving up and breathe out while moving down.
- Variation 4: In this variation, move your neck in such a manner that your ear touches the shoulder. Ensure that you do not move your shoulder. Breathe in when you are going down and breathe out when you are coming up.
It is important to keep breathing in the right manner while performing yoga exercises. You can even consult yoga practitioners as they will be able to provide accurate guidance. However, always ensure that you do all yoga movements slowly and without stressing any part of your body.
Yoga exercises have always been a simple and easy method to cure joint and muscle pains. It can even prevent diseases like high blood-pressure, diabetes, etc. Here are some important benefits of practicing yoga on a daily basis:
- The exercises will strengthen your weaker muscles.
- They will improve the flow of blood and boost the levels of hemoglobin.
- Flexibility of the muscles can be enhanced with yoga asanas.
- Bad posture can be cured with the help of yoga.
- The overall health of the bones will improve; thus, keeping them strong and healthy.
Moreover, performing yoga exercises every day will boost your immunity and keep you protected from various diseases. So, practice the aforesaid asanas to treat your neck pain and to keep it functioning well.