Featured Ergonomic Kneeling Chair
Flash Furniture Wooden Posture Chair
by Kate Dannon
Flash Furniture is an authority when it comes to the design and production of quality furniture products. The Flash Furniture Wooden Posture Chair is no exception as it enters the top-ranked spot for 2018. Based on customer feedback in thorough professional testing, we can firmly say that this ergonomic solution is incredible.
It features all of the necessary criteria that our experts demand in a quality product:
- Ergonomic design: The slope of the seat and the angle of the knee pad are well-planned and accommodating to people of all heights and body types. When seated, you’ll find your body coming into perfect alignment with no effort.
- Comfort: The padding is extremely comfortable and soft. In addition, it holds up well over time.
- Adjustable: This product has four settings, allowing you to adjust the height of the seat as well as the angle of the slope.
- Price: The price is unbeatable, especially considering the value of the product compared to even more expensive competitors.
If you’re looking to solve your back pain issues that are caused by an traditional, non-ergonomic chair, the Flash Furniture is our recommendation for getting started on your journey. You can check out the product reviews made by real customers if you’re still not convinced. Many people love this product for a reason so you may give it a try.
“These Chairs Saved My Career”
“Almost 7 years ago, I started to experience chronic back pain. It had first started after a monor skiing accident, which lead to a consistent pain in my lumbar spine. Three doctors and an MRI later, I found out I had buldging dics in my L3-L4, L4-L5, L5-S1 vertabrae. Overtime the pain got unbearably worse and eventually I had to excuse myself from coming into the office. The pain from sitting was just too much.
I tried everything: physical therapy, addicting prescription medication, yoga, accupuncture and even considered surgery. My sister-in-law had suggested I try an ergonomic kneeling chair, which she found to help a lot with her personal spine issues. I decided to give it a shot.
At first it was strange getting used to, but overtime my pain quickly started to go away. After a week and a half, I was able to come back to work. I could feel that my back was getting stronger and before you know it I was back to doing the physical activities that I once used to enjoy. I highly recommend this product.”
Maggie Newton, CT
How Knee Stools Work
The magic behind this innovative ergonomic product lies in the angle of the seat. As you probably noticed, a knee stool is designed such that the seat slopes down at an angle instead of being flat, as opposed to a typical chair. This clever design helps with back pain immensely by accomplishing two main things:
- Improves the lordodic curve of the lower back – The lumbar area of the spine has a natural inward (lordodic) curve that comes inward towards the front of the body. When we’re sat at in a typical chair for long hours at a time, we tend to slouch forward, decreasing the spine’s natural curve, which ultimately results in pain. With a kneeling stool, the angle of the seat encourages the body to maintain a natural curve, helps to improve posture, and enables you to sit for longer periods of time without experiencing discomfort.
- Allows the front of the hips to stay open – The front-body hip flexor muscles (also known as the psoas muscle group) are directly related to back pain. They wrap around towards the back-body and are directly connected to the small muscle fibers of the lower back. So when the hip flexors start to shorten after being compressed for a long period of time, they start to tug at the low back muscles, causing pain. An open angled seat lets your hip flexors stay long and you avoid low back pain as a result.